My Guide Website?
Augsburg: The Jakob Fugger Story Audio Guide1 Reviews
See Augsburg and its history through the eyes of its most famous merchant, Jakob Fugger, with this audio guide. Stroll through the old town and explore Königsplatz, St. Anne’s Church, and Rathausplatz.
- Time travel back to the Middle Ages and learn about Augsburg's richest resident
- See landmarks from the lives of the Fuggers from a local perspective
- Walk at your own pace and feel free to linger at spots that peak your interest
- Use the virtual option to see Augsburg from the comfort of your own home
- Benefit from a flexible audio guide with lifetime access if your plans change
DescriptionDive into Augsburg’s Middle Ages through the eyes of Jakob Fugger the Rich. Stroll through the hometown of the famous merchant, mining entrepreneur, and banker. Jakob built his fortune in just a few years, leaving behind assets worth $300 billion today, making him one of the richest men to ever live. Follow Jakob's history through Augsburg's old town. Visit St. Anne’s Church, where you can see the Fugger’s crypt. Next, head to the family’s first company headquarters where the “Golden Scriptorium” was once located, before admiring one of the most famous Fugger buildings, their City Palace. Continue to Königsplatz, where one of the old city gates once stood, and explore the townhall square Rathausplatz, and Jakob's birthplace. Along the way, hear about how the Fuggers made their money, the family’s connection to royalty, and how the women were every bit as savvy when it came to business. Feel free to start, pause, or restart at any time and complete your visit at your own pace. If your travel plans change, you can use the audio guide at any date of your choice or use the virtual in-app option for an at-home experience.
IncludesLifetime audio guide access App for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The audio guide uses a smartphone app Please remember to bring your own headphones and use your own mobile device This tour is only available in English and German.