My Guide Website?
From Munich: Dachau Memorial Site Day Tour963 Reviews
Travel by train from Munich to visit the Dachau Memorial. See the former gas chambers, barracks, and cells on a guided tour of the site, and learn more about the history of the Holocaust in Germany.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the memorial site at the former concentration camp Dachau
- See Dachau's former barracks, cells, and gas chambers
- Hear reports from former prisoners about everyday life in the camp
DescriptionDiscover the story of the Dachau concentration camp on this guided tour from Munich. Ride on a public train and enjoy views of the countryside along the way. Step back in time as your guide paints a picture of the past as you explore the memorial site. The Dachau concentration camp was the first German concentration camp, opened outside Munich in 1933. Since 1965, the site has been used as a memorial and a place of education. Visit the memorial site on a 5-hour tour from Munich. Your tour guide will explain the significance of the Dachau concentration camp at the time of National Socialism. See the former gas chambers, cells, and barracks. Visit the exhibition in the Dachau Memorial Museum and see pictures and reports by prisoners describing everyday life in the camp from its beginnings to its liberation by the Allies in 1945.
IncludesGuided tour Public transport ticket Transfers by public transport
- If you would like to visit the memorial at times when there is little crowding, the afternoon tour (1:10 PM) is recommended, as there are fewer school classes and groups on site at that time
- This tour departs from the meeting point at the stated departure time. If you have difficulty walking or are in a wheelchair, you will need a carer and must arrive 10 minutes before departure at the meeting point, as you will use a different entrance for the platform and the train