My Guide Website?
From Munich: Königsee Day Tour by Van42 Reviews
Visit the magical Königssee in the Berchtesgaden Alps of Bavaria. Explore Germany’s third deepest lake, a fjord-like body of water, surrounded by towering rock faces. Take a boat ride on the lake, and drive along some of the most scenic Alpine roads.
- Drive along the most scenic German Alpine road
- Enjoy the marvelous valley of Berchtesgaden and Königsee
- Take a boat ride to the peninsula
- Visit the famous chapel of St. Bartholoma
- Hear the wonderful echo of the Königssee on the boat ride
DescriptionSpend a beautiful day at the emerald waters of Königssee in the Berchtesgaden Alps of Bavaria. Departing Munich, you will drive along the most scenic German Alpine road into the marvelous valley of Berchtesgaden. Arrive at Königssee and take a boat ride to the peninsula. As you cruise, listen out for the mysterious echo of Königssee, created by the proximity of the sheer rock walls. You will also see the historic Eagle`s Nest viewpoint, a teahouse that was offered to Hitler on his 50th birthday. Look out too for the so-called Sleeping Witch silhouettes in the mountains. Back on dry land, visit the chapel of St. Bartholoma, dating from 1134 and located at the foot of Germany’s second highest mountain, the 8,900-foot (2,700-meter) high Watzmann. Walk to the final station at Salet, where a footpath leads to Lake Obersee. Enjoy the marvelous views of Germany´s highest waterfall at Röthbachfall. Return to Munich for a hotel drop-off. The entire length of this journey into a serene wilderness is 8-10 hours.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off Full-day tour
- This tour has a minimum group size of 4 The boat trip is not included in the price and is payable on-site