My Guide Website?
From Munich: Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Castle Full-Day Trip7115 Reviews
Discover the splendid castles of Ludwig II, King of Bavaria. Visit fairytale Neuschwanstein, intimate Linderhof and scenic Hohenschwangau, before traveling through the little town of Oberammergau.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the majestic castles, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof
- Discover Ludwig's childhood home of Hohenschwangau
- Take a trip to the tiny Bavarian town of Oberammergau (if time permits)
- Learn the history behind each turn from your guide or audio guide
- Discover the castle with tickets available from the guide on the comfortable bus
DescriptionTravel to the magnificent castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Enjoy a delicious lunch in Hohenschwangau (not included) and take a small detour through the picturesque town of Oberammergau. Choose to buy your castle tickets on the bus on the day or to buy them in advance as part of the day trip. Board an air-conditioned bus and set off to discover the castles of Bavaria. First, visit the fairy-tale Linderhof Palace, the only castle that Ludwig II lived to see completed. Explore the castle and its grounds with your guide. Then, head to the quaint town of Oberammergau for photos and shopping. Next, stop at Hohenschwangau Castle, Ludwig's childhood home, for lunch (not included) before moving on to Neuschwanstein Castle, nestled in the foothills of the Alps. Admire one of the most impressive sights in Germany and immerse yourself in the fairy-tale world of Ludwig II for the afternoon.
IncludesTransportation Tour guide Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castle entry tickets (if option selected) Audio commentary in 7 languages
- If you choose the option without tickets, you may buy entrance tickets on the bus. Only debit and credit cards may be used for payment (€33 per adult - €37 from 1 January 2024, €10 per child) It takes about 30 to 40 minutes to walk from the ticket center to the castle, around 1 mile (1.5 km) on a steep uphill road There are many steps inside the Neuschwanstein Castle Audio commentary is available in 7 languages (subject to availability)