My Guide Website?
From Munich: Private Day Trip to Salzburg
Discover the historical and cultural wonders of Salzburg’s Old Town, from Mozart’s birthplace to the filming locations of ‘The Sound of Music’. Visit the fabulous Mirabell Gardens and more
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Salzburg, Austria with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Find the Sound of Music filming locations in Mirabell Gardens
- See the historic Old Town and Fortress Hohensalzburg
- Discover places related to composer Wolfgang A. Mozart
- Take advantage of private car transfers from your Munich accommodation
DescriptionAdd a touch of adventure to your stay in Munich by visiting Salzburg, known as the “most inspiring city” in Austria. Discover its must-see sights and hidden gems and learn about important events and people that shaped the Austrian-German history and culture. Let us show you the best of Salzburg has to offer! The 8-hour itinerary includes private transportation with pickup directly from your Munich accommodation. Enjoy a comfortable journey through the picturesque mountain landscapes of the German-Austrian border in a private vehicle with a 5-Stars Driver, thus avoiding the hassle of traveling by public transport or commercial buses with other tourists. Upon arrival in Salzburg, a Local Guide will take you on the most comprehensive walking tour of the historic Old Town and its top attractions. The guided tour will kick off with a visit to the fabulous gardens of the Mirabell Palace, where the song “Do Re Mi'' and the final scene of ''The Sound of Music'' were shot. Salzburg is also known as the birthplace of Wolfgang A. Mozart and on this tour you will find many traces of the legacy of this famous Austrian composer. These sites include Mozart’s former residence, the tenement house where he was born, and his monument in the Old Town. There will be many historical, cultural and religious monuments along the way. Immerse yourself in local history and legends as you explore the bustling city squares and see the Old Town Hall, the Collegiate Church and the DomQuartier. Take a moment to admire the stunning marble façade of Salzburg Cathedral and step inside to admire its early Baroque interior. Gaze at the imposing Fortress Hohensalzburg from the Chapter Square and hear the legends that surround it. The final must-see sight of this tour will be the 7th-century St Peter’s Abbey. At the end of the day, you will have free time to do souvenir shopping or have lunch before returning to Munich.
IncludesFull-Day Private Trip from Munich to Salzburg’s Old Town by Car 5-Stars Local Guide who is fluent in the chosen language Free admission to Mirabell Gardens Tickets to Salbzurg Cathedral Private car transfers with pickup and drop-off at your Munich accommodation
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that being late for the train will affect the tour schedule. It may result in some attractions being excluded from the itinerary or the entire tour being canceled. We recommend that you arrive at Munich Central Station at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure. Details on your journey can be found on the ticket attached to the email. Tours inside the Salzburg Cathedral during scheduled events (including daily, Sunday and holiday masses) are limited, so church interior may be excluded from the itinerary on the day of your visit. The 8-hour option includes an approximately 1-hour transfer time between Munich Central Station and your Munich accommodation. Please note that the transfer time quoted is for information purposes only and can take longer or shorter depending on the location of the address provided when booking.