My Guide Website?
From Munich: Salzburg Day Trip by Train832 Reviews
Visit Salzburg on a day trip from Munich. Famed for its old-world glamor, made more striking by the majestic backdrop of snow-capped Alps, explore Mozart’s hometown with an expert guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Munich: Street Art Bike Tour
- From Munich: Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Trip
- Munich: Historical Walking Tour Maxvorstadt with GEO Epoche
- From Munich: Königsee Day Tour by Van
- Augsburg Water Management - City Walking Tour
- Follow in the footsteps of Mozart and visit the cafés where he drank
- Go to set-jetting movie locations, including sites from 'The Sound of Music'
- Wander down UNESCO-protected streets, admiring chapels and palaces
- Admire the stunning Domkirche Cathedral
- Choose to visit the breathtaking 900-year-old fortress Festung Hohensalzburg
DescriptionVisit the hometown of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart on a full-day tour from Munich. Travel by train and in the imperial city, visit his place of birth (optional), his residence, the streets he walked, and the cafés he drank in. Salzburg is also one of the most popular set-jetting destinations in the world for one simple reason, “The Sound of Music.” Visit sites you will remember from the silver screen such as the beautiful Mirabelle Gardens where Julie Andrews and the children were filmed singing “Do-Re-Mi.” An expert guide will take you on a train ride from Munich to Austria. You will be provided with a map and get a 1.5-hour orientation tour through the major sites. Explore one of the finest preserved medieval old towns in Europe, crisscrossed with romantic winding shopping streets and venerable market places adorned with outstanding architectural monuments of the later baroque era. See piazzas and fountains, the stunning Domkirche Cathedral, pleasure gardens, palaces, and churches, monasteries and catacombs, and confectionaries and patisseries. You will also go to the oldest restaurant on the continent. You will then have 3 hours to explore the city for yourself, before meeting up for the return journey. During your free time, you can visit the breathtaking 900-year-old fortress Festung Hohensalzburg, the magnificent edifice that dominates the city's skyline, itself framed by the spectacular encirclement of mountains stretching into the horizon.
IncludesRoundtrip train tickets Munich-Salzburg Fully-guided orientation tour Map of historic old town of Salzburg Personal advice from guide
- You must bring your passport because while passport checks on trains from Germany to Austria are not common they can sometimes happen