My Guide Website?
From Munich: Salzburg, St. Wolfgang, and the Salzkammergut454 Reviews
Take a day trip from Munich to visit scenic Salzburg. Pass by Bavaria's largest lake, the Chiemsee, then head on to the Salzkammergut resort area and its beautiful lakeside settlement, St. Wolfgang.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Be bewitched by the picturesque landscape of the Bavarian Alps
- Pass by the iconic Chiemsee
- Visit the stunning architectural gems of Salzburg and wander through its historic old town
- Take a cruise on St. Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee (in April-November)
- See Mondsee from the film 'The Trapp Family' (in April-November)
DescriptionTravel through the picturesque foothills of the Bavarian Alps on this day trip from Munich to Salzburg. Admire alpine wonders along the way and have free time to explore Salzburg at your own pace. Hop aboard a comfortable and climate controlled bus at a centrally-located meeting point in Munich. Relax on the drive and spy the enchanting Chiemsee, also called the 'Bavarian Sea,' as it is the largest lake in Bavaria. Arrive in Salzburg, the city of Mozart and have around 2.5 hours to see the city's impressive buildings, take in the vistas, and wander through the Baroque Old Town. Have time to take in sights like the Hohensalzburg fortress and the birthplace of Mozart. Spend your free time checking out the cathedral, Hellbrunn Palace, and the fountains. Take a stroll through the Old Town to uncover boutique shops and eateries offering culinary delicacies. Get back on the bus and, in the summer (from April until November), travel thorughthe Salzkammergut to the Wolfgangsee. Purchase a boat ride to St. Wolfgang, the Hotel zum Weißen Rössl, and see the pilgrimage church. Stop at the Mondsee, a location for the film 'The Trapp Family.' In the winter (from November to April), instead of the visit to St. Wolfgang you'll get to enjoy more time in Salzburg. During December enjoy the colors and aromas of Christkindlmarket Christmas market. Return to your meeting point in Munich by bus at the end of your tour.
IncludesTravel in a luxury bus Tour guide Audio commentary in 7 languages (subject to availability): Mandarin, Japanese, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian
- Please note that during the winter season (from November until April) instead of visiting St. Wolfgang, the tour spends additional time in Salzburg • During December, a visit to the Christkindlmarket is also included in the itinerary
- From April - November, the boat trip is €15 cash per person. The boat tour is a mandatory part of the trip.
- Please bring a valid ID. Non-EU citizens must bring their passport
- Please be at the departure stop at least 20 minutes before the beginning of the tour
- Live English-speaking guide, audio guide in other languages subject to availability