My Guide Website?
Mozart and German Composers Private Tour in Munich1 Reviews
See Munich’s Old Town through the eyes of Mozart, Strauss, Wagner and other famous German composers. Learn about the city’s rich musical history. Enjoy a remarkable concert of classical music.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover musical heritage of Munich with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- See must-see sights such as Marienplatz, Frauenkriche and Munich Residentz
- Learn about Mozart, Strauss and Wagner
- Get tickets for an evening concert of classical music
- See rare instruments at the Munich City Museum
DescriptionDiscover the musical side of Munich on a guided tour of the Old Town. See places linked to famous German composers, legendary performances, court music, bourgeois music culture, and church music tradition. Find out how the Bavarian capital became the music center of medieval Europe. During this 2-hour walking tour you will explore the musical history of Munich. Your Private Guide will share with you interesting facts and anecdotes about the bygone musical splendor of the city where legends like Mozart, Strauss and Wagner lived and made music. In the heart of Old Town you will find St. Peter’s Church, whose choir dates back to the early 13th century. Take a stroll through Marienplatz to see Frauenkirche, where many young musical talents had trained under the guidance of legendary musicians like Orlande de Lassus, one of the most prominent musicians of the 16th century. Another remarkable monument on this musical journey will be the National Theater, home to the Bavarian State Opera (Bayerische Staatsoper), where many of Richard Wagner’s works were premiered and where Richard Strauss worked as a third conductor. You will also see the great Munich Residenz, where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart played a concert for Elector Karl Theodor and the King of Naples, Ferdinand IV. The renowned Cuvilliés Theater, where Mozart premiered his opera “Idomeneo” in 1781, is located inside the Residentz. Choose the 3-hour option to enhance your musical journey in Munich with an evening classical music concert. Munich is still famous worldwide for its orchestras and renowned conductors, and you can enjoy the greatest works by German composers at some of the most beautiful music venues in the world. We will provide tickets for a classical music concert that will deliver unforgettable memories and complete your stay in Munich. Alternatively, choose the 4-hour option to enhance your walking tour with a visit to the Munich City Museum. This museum explores various aspects of local history, culture and heritage, and also houses the ''Municipal Musical Instrument Collection.'' Among its treasures you will find remarkable musical instruments made by local makers like Micheal Saurle and Adolphe Sax, as well as rare instruments and sound objects from non-European countries Your Private Guide will take you on a journey through the global history of music. For the best possible experience, we provide skip-the-line tickets to the museum.
IncludesMusical Munich walking tour of Old Town highlights Licensed Munich Guide, who is fluent in your chosen language Tour focused on famous German composers like Mozart and Strauss Tickets for a classical music concert (only in 3-hour tour) Skip-the-line tickets to Munich City Museum (only in 4-hour tour)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please be advised that the evening concert is an attraction separate from the walking tour and the guide will not participate in it. There are several concert halls in Old Town Munich and the event usually starts between 5:30 pm and 8 pm. You can find the exact time and place of the concert on your ticket attached to the email. Depending on the size of the group, day, time and availability, the concert program may differ but we will always consider your best experience when booing the concert tickets.