My Guide Website?
Munich: 5 Top Churches and Old Town with Private Guide1 Reviews
Discover the historical and sacral highlights of Munich’s Old Town with a 5-Stars Private Guide! Visit St. Peter’s Church and its viewing terrace, Frauenkirche (Cathedral), Asamkirche, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See 5 top churches in Munich with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Visit Frauenkirche, Asamkirche, St. Peter and St. Michael
- Admire the sweeping views from the towers of St. Peter’s Church (in 4-hour tour)
- Discover the baroque treasures of Theatine Church (in 4-hour option)
- Learn about sacral architecture and art
DescriptionMunich’s churches and cathedrals play an important role in protecting the city’s historical and cultural heritage. Join a Private Guide on the streets of Munich’s Old Town to discover its 5 most remarkable churches. Explore centuries of sacral architecture and art! The 3-hour option includes a visit to 4 popular churches. The walking tour will begin at Marienplatz, where you will find the New Town Hall, the golden statue Mariensäule and Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall). This bustling city square is dominated by St. Peter’s Church, the oldest church in the city. Step inside to discover its treasures, such as the ornate high altar, the 14 stations of the cross, and the jeweled skeleton of St. Mundita. Follow your Private Guide along the cobblestone streets of the Old Town to Asamkriche, where you will find the most expensive, baroque interior swatched in gold leaf, frescoes and stucco. Another must-see church on this tour is St. Michael, the largest Renaissance church north of the Alps, which contains church crypts with tombs of Eugène de Beauharnais and notable people from Bavaria. The final stop will be at the monumental Frauenkirche, also known as the Munich Cathedral. Inside, you will find a soul-inspiring gothic interiors and learn about the 1945 bombings and its legendary Devil’s footprint. Choose the 4-hour option to discover a hidden gem among Munich’s churches - the fabulous Theatine Church (Theatinerkirche) at the historic Odeonsplatz.From the outside, the facade is plain yellow Rococo-style, but inside you will find an impressive and overwhelming interior with a high altar, sculptured columns, statues and great stucco. In this option also you will get on top of St. Peter’s Church Tower, which offers the best panoramic views of the city. On good weather days you can see as far as the Alps, making it a truly unforgettable experience!
IncludesPrivate Tour of the top churches in Munich’s Old Town Licensed Private Guide who is fluent in the chosen language Free entry to St. Peter’s Church, Frauenkirche, Asamkirche, and St. Michael's Church Free entry to Theatine Church and tickets to St. Peter’s Church Tower (4-hour tour only) Pick up from your accommodation (only n Munich Old Town)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information Church tours during mass and special events (such as scheduled concerts) are limited, therefore the guide may provide all information outside. St. Peter’s Church Tower is open every day from 12 PM to 4:30 PM. Visit to the tower will be excluded from the itinerary outside of these hours, as well as during the limited opening hours on Christmas and New Year’s Eve and all day on Good Friday Pickup service is available for accommodations / hotels located in the Old Town.If you do not provide your address or your accommodation is more than 1,5 km away from the designated meeting point, the guide will meet you in front of hotel BEYOND by Geisel, Marienplatz 22, 80331, Munich, Germany. Please do not enter the building, it is only a meeting point