My Guide Website?
Munich: Christmas Markets and Christmas Village 2-Hour Tour13 Reviews
Celebrate the Christmas season in a traditional German style on this 2-hour tour of the Christmas markets in Munich. Explore the medieval Old Town as it is transformed into a winter wonderland, clustered with charming stalls selling gifts and decorations.
- Get into the festive spirit as you explore the Christmas markets in Munich’s Old Town
- Visit the central market on Marienplatz, the Christmas village at the Rezidenz, the “Crib Market”, and the popular “Medieval Market” near Odeonsplatz
- Sample the traditional seasonal delicacy of Lebkuchen
- Discover the history of the markets from your informative tour guide
DescriptionOn this tour you can celebrate the Christmas season in the traditional German style by visiting some of the many Christmas markets in Munich as well as the city’s very own Christmas village. You will take a festive stroll through the colorful markets clustered around the historic Old Town, including the central market on Marienplatz, the Christmas village in the palace courtyard of the royal Rezidenz, the “Crib Market”, and the popular “Medieval Market” near Odeonsplatz. The tour will make regular stops at the various stalls and your guide will tell you all about the history of the markets, the meaning of the displays, and the Advent and Christmas rituals associated with them. You will also get to sample the traditional seasonal delicacy of Lebkuchen (gingerbread cake). You have the chance to see where many of the world’s most beloved seasonal traditions originated – the Christmas tree and the Advent calendar both originated in Germany. You will also get to experience the unique atmosphere of an authentic old Christkindlmarkt in a traditional setting, a favorite for many Germans.
IncludesPublic transport tickets Lebkuchen gingerbread cakes
- Public transport tickets are included in the price of the tour Drinks and other purchases are not included