My Guide Website?
Munich: Guided Walking Tour of the Glyptothek Museum
Admire the Greek and Roman sculptures in the Glyptothek Museum in Munich on this guided walking tour. Explore the interior of this neoclassical building that was constructed by King Ludwig I.
- Travel back in time as you explore the exhibits in the Glyptothek Museum
- Learn about the mythological Gods and Goddesses depicted in the statues
- Hear stories about the ancient societies that produced these works of art
- Marvel at pieces like the the Barbarini Faun and the Figures of the Aphai temple
- See this neoclassical building that was reconstructed after WWII from the inside
DescriptionDiscover the rich artwork in the Glyptothek Museum in Munich on this guided walking tour. Find out about the mythology behind the pieces that you see and learn about lost traditions from ancient societies. Uncover insights into sculpture as an art form. Meet your guide at the entrance of the Glyptothek Museum and pay for your tickets that were conveniently reserved by your guide. Step back in time to ancient Greece and Rome and you begin your walking tour through this piece of history that was reconstructed after World War II. Collections of busts and statues from the Archaic period, the Classical period, the Hellenistic period, and the Roman period. Let your guide show you the well-preserved details on pieces like the Barbarini Faun and the Figures of the Aphai temple.
IncludesGuide Walking tour
- This tour will take place rain or shine