My Guide Website?
Munich: National Socialism Historical Tour
Learn about Munich's poignant history from a professional guide. Visit locations emblematic of the city's past. Hear about the rise of National Socialism in Munich and Germany.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hear about the events of November 9, 1923
- Find out how the NSDAP rose to power
- Learn about Germany during National Socialism
- Look at black and white photographs depicting Munich in the 1920s and 30s
- Choose between a private or group tour
DescriptionMunich, the so-called 'City of the Movement', is where National Socialism began in the 1920s and 1930s. This period of the city's history will be discussed while visiting various distinctive locations on a guided walking tour. Beginning at Königsplatz, walk to the former Führerbau (the Führer's building), where the Munich Agreement was signed in 1938 and what is today the Munich Documentation Centre for the History of National Socialism. Walk along Briennerstrasse. Pass the former Gestapo headquarters to reach Feldherrnhalle at Odeonsplatz, where Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch took place on November 9, 1933. Your guide will bring along a number of historic black and white photos in order to illustrate certain events and topics.
- This activity will take place rain or shine