My Guide Website?
Munich Residenz Concert252 Reviews
In the heart of Munich: the Residenz Serenade. Enjoy a classical concert in the Hofkapelle, where Mozart himself used to play, then enjoy a dinner or beer and wine tasting!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Munich: Street Art Bike Tour
- From Munich: Zugspitze Mountain Van Tour
- From Munich: Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Trip
- Munich's Old Town by Segway 3-hour Tour
- Augsburg Water Management - City Walking Tour
- Immerse yourself in a historic atmosphere at a classical concert
- Discover the hidden treasures of the old kingdom of the Residenz
- Listen to renditions of Bach, Vivaldi, Händel, Haydn, or Mozart
- Witness a performance by members of the Munich Philharmonic
- Experience an evening to remember in the heart of Munich
DescriptionThe Residenz in the heart of Munich was the city palace, once the seat of the Dukes, Princes, and Kings of Bavaria. The extensive complex is the largest city palace in Germany and contains some of the most lavish interiors in Europe. With its art collections and treasury, it is without a doubt the most important cultural site in all of Bavaria. A particular highlight awaits you every Saturday and Thursday in the Munich Residenz. The Residenz Soloists, together with members of the Munich Philharmonic, give a concert in the Hofkapelle where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart himself once played. The concert program is changed weekly and offers masterpieces of the Baroque and Classical periods by Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, Haydn, and works produced by Mozart as a guest composer at the Bavarian court.
IncludesEntry to the concert
- The concert lasts 1 hour
- The concert begins Thursdays and Saturdays at 6:30 PM year round
- Please bring warm clothes since the chapel can get a bit cold, even in the summer