My Guide Website?
Munich: Traditional German Food and Old Town Private Tour
Join an exclusive food tour in Munich’s Old Town and immerse yourself in local history, culture and heritage. Visit the best local restaurants and see highlights such as the Old Town Hall
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Try the best Bavarian and German dishes in Munich with a 5-Stars Private Guide
- Visit 2-4 local venues in Munich’s Old Town to experience local hospitality
- Learn about Oktoberfest, Marzen beer and popular food pairings
- See Town Hall, Frauenkirche, St Peter’s Church and other Old Town highlights
- Immerse yourself in local history, culture and culinary traditions
DescriptionMost people visit Munich for the annual Oktoberfest celebrations, but did you know that this beautiful city is also known for delicious German cuisine and beer all year around? Join our local Food Expert to discover the unique flavors of original Munich recipes. Visit the best local venues and taste the best the city has to offer! The 2,5-hour tour includes a basic tasting package of a typical German meal, including meat delicacies, a soup, sweet dessert, a cup of tea or coffee and 1 soda drink. You will visit 2 local venues - 1 traditional restaurant and 1 pastry shop. We will serve you regional dishes such as Weisswurst (Bavarian white sausage), Obatzda (Bavarian cheese spread) or traditional cabbage rolls. For a dessert you will enjoy something sweet like the popular Apfelstrudel (apple strudel) or the heavy Bavarian Cream. To make this experience even better, your Private Guide will show you around Old Town, including sights such as the Town Hall, Frauenkirche and St Peter’s Church. You will learn about Munich’s history and culture, especially in terms of culinary influences. Choose the 3,5-hour tour to visit 3 venues and taste even more delicious dishes! On the menu you will find treats such as Schweinshaxe (German pork knuckle) or Spätzle (German egg noodles). This is also your chance to feel the spirit of Oktoberfest, as in addition to 1 soda drink and a cup of tea or coffee, you will also have a glass of the famous Marzan beer! The 5-hour tour includes an attractive food and beer tasting package that will satisfy any beer connoisseur. During this walking tour you will see more sights, such as the medieval gates, Asamkirche and Residenz, and visit 4 different venues to enjoy a variety of German and Bavarian dishes. The main highlight of this tour will be an exciting beer tasting experience that lets you try and compare 8 different types of beer, including regional and craft beers. Afterall, Munich is the best place to learn about beer!
IncludesPrivate Food and Sightseeing Tour in Munich’s Old Town Food Expert Guide with Official Munich License, who speaks fluently in the chosen language 1 full course meal, 1 dessert, 1 soft drink and 1 coffee/tea (in 2,5-hour option) 2 full course meals, 1 dessert, 1 soft drink, 1 coffee/tea and 1 beer (in 3,5-hour option) 2 full course meals, 1 dessert with 1 soft drink, 1 coffee/tea and 8 beers (in 5-hour option)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information Please arrive at the meeting point on time, as late arrival may affect table reservations at the venues you will visit. In case of delay the guide will wait up to 30 minutes for you Please advise us in advance of any dietary requirements, such as food allergies or vegetarian options The golden rule in Germany is to serve enough food for the table to collapse, so we recommended joining the tour on an empty stomach to be able to enjoy each of the dishes Please note that the described menu is only an example. The served dishes might vary depending on the availability at the visited venue. We will do our best to pick the best options for you