My Guide Website?
Munich: Walking Tour with the Hangman to the Hangman's Meal
Discover the dark history of the Munich hangman while exploring the city on a shared group or private walking tour with a guide dressed in hangman costume. Have the executioner's meal in an old Bavarian tavern.
- Retrace the footsteps of the infamous hangman as you stroll through Munich
- Learn about the life of the Munich hangman figure from your hangman guide
- Immerse yourself in dark medieval folklore and haunting stories of the past
- Savor a hearty hangman’s meal and drink at a Munich tavern from another time
- Have fun watching your hangman guide wearing a historical costume in action
DescriptionSpend an evening walking through Munich with your own hangman guide dressed in a historical costume. Hear grisly tales from the city's history and learn about the hangman’s job from the hangman himself as you make your way to an aged tavern to eat a Bavarian meal. The hangman is often ostracized as dishonest because of his work. However, in the cover of the night, other rules apply. The hangman’s knowledge and power are in great demand. Beginning at Sendlinger Tor (Sendlinger Gate), follow your guide on foot along the course of the former city wall. Learn about the executioner's methods and equipment while getting absorbed in the everyday stories and superstitions of medieval life. The final part of the tour route leads to the executioner's meal in a characteristic Bavarian tavern. Via Jakobsplatz, arrive at the inn, where you can sit down and enjoy a 2-course Bavarian menu with the stories and legends of the hangman fresh in your mind.
IncludesWalking tour Costumed tour guide Hangman meal: Bavarian 2-course-menu and 1 drink
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€68.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today