My Guide Website?
Salzburg: Small-Group Day Trip from Vienna136 Reviews
Explore Salzburg and the beautiful lake region of the hit movie "The Sound of Music" on a 12-hour sightseeing tour from Vienna. Travel in small groups of no more than 8 people for personalized attention in alpine villages, Mozart’s birthplace and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Munich: Street Art Bike Tour
- From Munich: Zugspitze Mountain Van Tour
- Augsburg Water Management - City Walking Tour
- Munich's Old Town by Segway 3-hour Tour
- From Munich: Neuschwanstein Castle & Linderhof Premium Tour
- Discover the beautiful lake region of Austria and locations from 'The Sound of Music'
- Visit the charming alpine village of St. Gilgen at Lake Wolfgangsee
- See Salzburg's top attractions, including the birthplace of Mozart
- Go to Mirabell Palace, where the Do-Re-Mi song was filmed
- Discover where the Von Trapp family lived
DescriptionSee the sights of Salzburg on a full-day tour from Vienna, with optional drop off for those who want to stay the night. Traveling in small groups of no more than 8 people, the intimate tour will take you through the breathtaking scenery of the Vienna Woods, with the peaks of the Alps in the distance, and on to the stunning Austrian lake district. Stop by picture-postcard Lake Attersee and visit the charming alpine village of St. Gilgen at lake Wolfgangsee, a famous location in the hit movie 'The Sound of Music.' Upon arrival in Salzburg, discover Salzburg's UNESCO-listed Old Town with your guide on a leisurely walking tour. Hear intriguing stories about the city's famous inhabitants as you pass Mozart's birthplace, the colorful gardens of Mirabell Palace, the cemetery of the Abbey of St. Peter, Salzburg Cathedral, and the Archbishop’s Palace. Spend the afternoon in Salzburg with plenty of free time to purchase lunch and wander Mozart town on your own before making the journey back to Vienna with your driver.
IncludesLive guide in English Transport by Deluxe Mercedes Sprinter Minibus (with extra head and legroom) Free WIFI and cold bottled water on board Taxi fare to the meeting point (up to the value of €12 per person) Drop-off at accommodation in central Vienna (postcodes between 1010 and 1090)
- This tour is operated exclusively in English