My Guide Website?
Dachau Memorial Site Full-Day Tour
, Munich https://www.myguidemunich.com/events/dachau-memorial-site-full-day-tour
From Munich: Dachau Memorial Site Full-Day Tour
- Pass through Dachau’s Jourhaus with the infamous sign, Arbeit Macht Frei
- Tour the Bunker and Barracks with a Memorial-qualified guide
- Reflect on one of the darkest points in recent human history
DescriptionLearn the history of Dachau Concentration Camp on a guided tour from Munich. Learn about its significance as the first permanent concentration camp of the Nazi regime, which lasted for the full 12 years of its rule. Meet your guide in Munich and travel by public transportation to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site. During the tour, your guide will provide detailed commentary on all aspects of camp life and death for the prisoners that passed through the gates from 1933 to 1945. Find out why the camp was opened and the first prisoners to arrive. Learn about the 3 phases of the Camp, plus its evolution and development. Hear about the daily operations of the camp from registration to new prisoners to their trials in torture and punishment. See important sites such as the S.S. Training Facility - also known as the School of Terror, Jourhaus, the entrance building, and gateway into the camp, with its infamous Arbeit Macht Frei sign, Appellplatz, the Bunker, Barrack X, and more. After your tour the guide will return with your group to the Marienplatz meeting point, arriving in the late afternoon.
IncludesTrain fee Bus fee Live guide
- The duration of the tour is 6 hours, which includes a 4-hour visit inside the camp and 2 hours of travel time
- Children aged 13 or under are not permitted on this tour. Children aged 14 and over are welcome if accompanied by parents who understand the graphic nature of the tour content
- Although the guides have extensive experience guiding younger visitors, the Memorial Site guidelines indicate that some of the exhibits and themes are not suitable for those under the age of 14
- It is not permitted to eat food while on tours at Dachau, so be sure to either eat a big breakfast or bring something to eat on the train
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€37.50Buy Tickets!