My Guide Website?
Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Trip
, Hohenschwangau https://www.myguidemunich.com/events/neuschwanstein-castle-full-day-trip
From Munich: Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Trip
- Explore the fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle
- Tour the scenic vantage points of the castle’s surroundings
- Enjoy a 2-hour train or bus ride through the Bavarian countryside
- Skip the long lines to get fast-track entry to the castle
- Discover the extravagant world of King Ludwig II
DescriptionDiscover one of Bavaria's most scenic landscapes on this tour from Munich by train and van. Marvel at the stature and delicate architecture of Neuschwanstein Castle standing proud atop a hill and surrounded by forested mountains. See the sprawling valley from the foot of the castle walls and learn about its history from your guide along a walking tour of the grounds. Located 2 hours from Munich, the enchanting old-world town of Füssen lies in the foothills of the Alps, framed by one of the most breathtaking natural settings in the world. Towering far above the village, seemingly sculpted out of the very mountains that rise magnificently to the heavens, is a sight made from the stuff of dreams: the fabulous and ethereal Neuschwanstein Castle. This glorious folly was built in the 19th-Century by the famed 'mad' King Ludwig II, a man intoxicated by mythology and who himself became a legend. The shimmering white towers of the castle among the clouds are instantly recognizable to many who haven’t ever heard the name Neuschwanstein. It is the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle and is famous the world over as the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang castle. To visit it is to step inside a fairy tale. On this full-day tour from Munich, your guide will take you by train or bus and accompany you uphill to the castle’s lofty perch, where it sits gleaming above a spectacular panorama of mountains, lakes, and valleys. It’s not just about the castle – it’s also about its wonderful location. You will go to the best vantage points and explore the lake. If time and weather permits, you can even enjoy a swim. Get postcard-perfect views of the equally beautiful Hohenschwangau Castle, the waterfall gorge, and the stunning Marienbrücke Bridge, suspended high above it all. While you are marveling at the beauty, your guide will tell you the engaging story of King Ludwig’s renowned and tragic reign, his turbulent times, and of the obsession that drove him to build his fantasy castle in the mountains that ultimately destroyed him. If you choose to purchase a ticket on the day, skip the long lines for the separate internal tour of the king’s private chambers by a specialist castle guide. The tour is the most practical way to admire this amazing fantasy world.
IncludesDay trip to Neuschwanstein Castle Fully-guided tour Guide
- This tour involves an uphill walk of approximately 20 minutes. At points, the gradient can be relatively steep. The tour is not recommended for anyone with serious walking difficulties • If you prefer not to walk uphill, an optional horse-drawn carriage will take you most (but not all) of the way to the top. There is also an option of taking a bus uphill
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that sometimes the transport will be conducted by private bus instead of the train
- The 9:15 AM departure tour returns back to Munich by approximately 6:30 PM
- If you wish to enter Neuschwanstein Castle, you can pay €17 in cash or card on the morning of your tour