My Guide Website?
From Munich: Berchtesgaden Foothills and Obersalzberg190 Reviews BEST SELLER
Enjoy a day trip to Berchtesgaden and Obersalzberg. See Hitler's Eagle's Nest or, in case of bad weather, the extraordinary salt mines that made the area famous. On this tour of the German Alps, enchanting views and spellbinding landscapes await you.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy comfortable travel in a luxury bus
- Visit the Obersalzberg with its stunning views
- Visit the Kehlsteinhaus, or Eagle's Nest, Hitler's holiday retreat
- Marvel at one of Germany's most remarkable salt mines as a bad-weather alternative to the Eagle's Nest
DescriptionEnjoy one of Germany's most impressive tourist destinations. This tour offers a truly breathtaking view of the mountains and lakes of this unique natural region. Start on the Deutsche Alpenstrasse, or German Alpine Way, whose sinuous curves wind upwards through the picturesque valleys of the Alps towards the beautiful foothills of Berchtesgaden. Then, take a trip up to Obersalzberg and enjoy its phenomenal views. Those who wish to may take the exceptional bus service and exciting underground elevator to visit the Eagle's Nest, where the remains of Hitler's holiday residence are to be seen. On wintry days, when snow and ice cover the higher peaks, visit the famous salt mines of Berchtesgaden instead to learn about this particularly fascinating chapter in the area's history.
IncludesTravel in a luxury tour bus Tour guide
- • Please be at the departure stop at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time
- In case of bad weather conditions (e.g. fog or snow) we will visit the salt mine Berchtesgaden instead
- Travel to the Eagle's Nest by special bus service is available for an additional cost (€33 payable by credit or debit card only)
- The Documentation Center is currently closed for renovation with an expected opening date of late 2023