My Guide Website?
Munich through the Centuries: A Self-Guided Audio Tour2 Reviews
Explore Munich at your own pace on a walking route accompanied by an audio guide app. Stroll through the city and learn about sights like Marienplatz, St Peter’s Church, and Viktualienmarkt.
- Immerse yourself in Munich's architecture and history as you wander the city
- Get to know spots like Viktualienmarkt, St Peter’s Church, and the Royal Palace
- Learn where Munich's name comes from and why Bavarian beer gardens are so unique
- Go at your own pace through the historical city with a GPS-based audio guide app
- Access the guide at any time, and benefit from the app's extra virtual content
DescriptionWalk through historic Munich at your own pace while learning about its landmarks from an app-based audio guide that uses GPS technology. Get to know the city and its history on a guided route, passing sights such as the Viktualienmarkt food market, the Hofbrauhaus brewery, and St. Peter’s Church. Start your walk at historic Marienplatz, Munich’s vibrant central square with its neo-Gothic town hall. From there, you’ll walk past St Peter’s Church, the oldest church in the city, the famous Viktualienmarkt food market, and a traditional Bavarian beer garden. As the route continues, you’ll admire spots like the Max Joseph Opera House, enter the courtyards of the Residenz, Munich’s former royal palace, and learn about the legend of the devil’s footprint in the 15th-century Frauenkirche (Church of our Dear Lady). Along the way, discover Munich’s rich history and traditions from the audio guide, narrated by a local. The guide uses GPS technology to follow your pace and play the appropriate audio tracks as you go, so you can focus on the sights around you.
IncludesWalking route of Munich Audio guide Unlimited access to this activity VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- This activity requires the use of a mobile app. Please bring your own headphones and use your own mobile device. Download the tour using the voucher provide before heading to the start point. It's best to download the tour while in a good WiFi zone. This tour is only available in English and German.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€5.52Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today