My Guide Website?
From Munich: Private Day Trip to Neuschwanstein Castle1 Reviews
Experience the magic of Neuschwanstein and immerse yourself in the fairytale world of King Ludwig II of Bavaria.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Live out a fairytale with a visit to the enchanting Neuschwanstein Castle
- Discover charming shops, the Alpsee lake, and the Hohenschwangau Castle
- Walk on the Marienbrücke pedestrian steel bridge suspended over a cliff
- Explore the interior of the idyllic Neuschwanstein Palace with an official guide
- Learn about King Ludwig II of Bavaria, also known as 'the Fairy Tale King'
DescriptionDiscover the magic of Neuschwanstein, the fairytale castle of King Ludwig II of Bavaria, on this unforgettable 8-hour tour. Nestled in the heart of the majestic Bavarian Alps, Neuschwanstein is a must-see for any traveler. Your tour begins with a comfortable and scenic drive from Munich to Hohenschwangau, the small town beneath Neuschwanstein Castle. On the way, you'll have the opportunity to admire the rolling hills of the Bavarian countryside and capture the breathtaking views with your camera. Once in Hohenschwangau, you'll have time to explore its charming shops, the serene Alpsee lake, and the grounds around the smaller Hohenschwangau Castle. Then, it's time for the climb up to Neuschwanstein. Your driver-guide (or separate driver and guide) will share the story of King Ludwig II of Bavaria and the history of the castle along the way. A shuttle bus up to Marienbrücke is available for those with mobility issues. Upon arrival at Neuschwanstein, you'll first visit the Marienbrücke, a suspension bridge that provides stunning views of both the palace and the surrounding countryside. Then, you'll be taken on a tour of the palace's lavish, myth-inspired interior. After the tour, you'll have time for souvenir shopping and a break. Finally, you'll be driven back to Munich, where your guide will accompany you to your hotel or to a prearranged drop-off point. Please note that only employees of Neuschwanstein are allowed to give tours inside the castle and you will be provided with an audio guide. For this tour, you can choose between an option with a driver-guide or a separate driver and guide. Our driver-guides are well-versed in history and can provide an adequate overview. For a more in-depth tour, we recommend booking the option with a separate driver and a professional local guide.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Driver and guide Audio guide inside Neuschwanstein
- Only employees of Neuschwanstein are allowed to give tours inside the castle, so you will be provided with an audio guide Keep in mind that the castle is located on a hilltop and requires a fairly long walk, with a number of long staircases inside The activity level can be challenging