My Guide Website?
From Munich: Private Day Trip to Neuschwanstein Castle
Be transported to a world of magic in the heart of the Bavarian Alps, and visit Ludwig II's fairytale castle, the Neuschwanstein Palace, on a private day trip from Munich with hotel transfers included.
- Live out a fairytale with a visit to the enchanting Neuschwanstein Castle
- Discover charming shops, the Alpsee lake, and the Hohenschwangau Castle
- Walk on the Marienbrücke pedestrian steel bridge suspended over a cliff
- Explore the interior of the idyllic Neuschwanstein Palace with an official guide
- Learn about King Ludwig II of Bavaria, also known as 'the Fairy Tale King'
DescriptionJourney to the rolling hills of the Bavarian countryside and into the very to visit Neuschwanstein – the fairytale castle of king Ludwig II of Bavaria – on a day trip from Munich with hotel pickup and drop-off. Explore the 19th-century Hohenschwangau Castle and Marienbrücke pedestrian bridge. Meet your guide at your hotel in Munich, or a prearranged meeting point, and be driven out of the city through idyllic, undulating farmlands and into the German Alps. Be sure to have your camera ready to capture the views on this scenic drive. Upon arrival in Hohenschwangau, the small town beneath Neuschwanstein Castle, enjoy free time to explore the charming shops, the serene Alpsee lake, and the grounds around the smaller Hohenschwangau Castle. Next, it's time to climb up towards Neuschwanstein. On the way, listen to your guide as they take you through the castle's history. Learn about the man behind the fairytale, King Ludwig II, and his cloistered childhood, eccentricity, architectural follies, and his mysterious death. Before entering Neuschwanstein, make your way to the Marienbrücke suspension bridge. Suspended over a ravine, soak in breathtaking views of the palace and the surrounding countryside. Next, follow an on-site guide for a tour of the palace’s lavish, myth-inspired interior. Once you come out of the palace, get time for souvenir shopping and take a break before heading back down to Hohenschwangau. Finally, settle in for the drive back to Munich.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Driver and guide Audio guide inside Neuschwanstein
- Neuschwanstein castle is located on a hilltop, which requires a fairly long walk. The castle also requires climbing many long staircases