My Guide Website?
From Munich: Visit Nuremberg with Artist Paul Riedel
Visit Bavaria's second-biggest city on a day trip from Munich. Explore Nuremberg's Old Town with author, artist, and activist Paul Riedel.
- Wander down cobblestone streets and imagine what life in medieval times was like
- See Nuremberg's Old Town with its imposing city walls and timber-framed houses
- Discover how the city was rebuilt after devastating bombings in World War II
- Learn about the Nazi Party Rally Grounds and the tribunal building
- Visit the birth house of the great German Renaissance artist Albrecht Durer
DescriptionTravel by train from Munich to visit the medieval city of Nuremberg with Brazilian-born artist Paul Riedel. Wander the city's maze of historical lanes, learn about its history, marvel at its architecture, and visit the birth house of German artist Albrecht Durer. Meet your guide at Munich Central Station and depart by local train to visit the nearby city of Nuremberg. Your guide will make the most of your travel time, regaling you with tales about medieval towns and what life was like in the Middle Ages. Then, set out to explore the city on foot, visiting the Old Town. Walk down cobblestone streets and admire beautiful timber-framed houses. Learn about the German Renaissance and see Renaissance Artist Albrecht Durer's house. Hear about the Second World War and how Nuremberg's old town was almost completely destroyed. Finally, enjoy some free time to discover this magnificent city on your own. And if the weather isn't great, your guide will take you on an alternate route that includes more indoor attractions.
IncludesReturn train ticket (with the group) Multilingual guide City map 90-minute guided walking tour of Nuremberg's Old Town Information about the Nazi Party Rally Grounds 3 hours of free time in Nuremberg
- This tour will take place rain or shine The tour in Nuremberg will either be led by Paul Riedel or a city guide Paul Riedel will accompany the group throughout the day