My Guide Website?
3 Hours Surfing Eisbachwelle, München (Surfing Germany)9 Reviews
In this guided experience you'll find all the insides regarding Munich's surf spots, help in finding the right equipment as well as answers to the most common questions about river surfing in Munich.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Munich: Street Art Bike Tour
- From Munich: Zugspitze Mountain Van Tour
- Augsburg Water Management - City Walking Tour
- Munich's Old Town by Segway 3-hour Tour
- From Munich: Neuschwanstein Castle & Linderhof Premium Tour
- Ein Hotspot im englischen Garten für alle Surfliebhaber. München, Bayern
- Life is better when you surf! Munich, Germany
- Surfen in München! Eisbachwelle, Deutschland
- 3 Hours Surf Experience - All included (photos, drinks, equipment, assistance)
- Eisbachwelle München: Surfen mitten in der Stadt
DescriptionThe standing river waves in Munich are spread across the city area. Each wave is unique and has different demands on surfers and equipment. Since surfing in a river is a challenging task and security should always come first, there are certain things worth knowing about each spot before jumping into the icy cold water. Please be aware that surfing is only tolerated in Munich and is at your own risk! We recommend to follow our advice always. The Eisbach Wave has become a popular tourist attraction in recent years and it’s an accelerator for the popularity of river surfing not only in Munich, but it inspires many other landlocked places all over Europe to create their own surfable standing wave. The wave is named after the small, man-made river Eisbach, which is a side arm of Munich’s main river, Isar. Eisbach Wave is centrally located next to museum Haus der Kunst and at the entrance to Munich's large inner-city park, Englischer Garten. Level: Beginners and Intermediates All equipment included. Who surfs here: all surfers, beginners and intermediate river surfers. When to surf: We surf 24/7 and all year round. What to look out for: before dropping into the wave, you should always double check if a swimmer or surfer is approaching the wave from upstream. Anyone coming from upstream has right of way! Especially in summer, hundreds of people swim down the river every day. In case you notice a swimmer, who needs help getting out, please don’t hesitate to save that person. Also, always be aware of objects under water. What kind of surfboard to use: We use a minimum length of 6’ - 7’. We use Soft-tops surfboards here for a few good reasons: modern foamies generally have lots of volume and are more stable, they don’t cause bad injuries in case you get hit by your board, they don’t catch dings as quickly as epoxy or polyester boards. Good to know: Surfing here is very technical and tips from us help along nicely for making progress faster. If you have problems to climb out of the canal due to injury, there is an easy exit (looks like a ramp) only 100 meters downstream on the left side of the canal (looking downstream).
IncludesMunich enjoys the reputation as the world capital of river surfing. Although, in this regard Munich is primarily know for the famous Eisbach Wave, which has been portrayed in films, featured in commercials and used in uncountable social media posts, there are other river waves in the city as well, each one unique and suited for different surfing styles and skill levels. Unlike in the ocean, where surfing often depends on tides and seasonal weather phenomena, river surfing in Munich is possible all year round. Today, at any time of the year you will meet cyclists with a surfboard under their arm, heading for one of the waves. Seeing surfers roaming around town has become part of everyday life in Munich. Assistance Tour Guide Drinks Surfboards 7'0” Soft top - (more stability and buoyancy) leash & fins Bodyboard 42' (you can try it) Wetsuits - Full one-piece Neoprene made of 5 mm with an integrated hood 4 mm neoprene surfing booties Surf Wax Level: Beginners, Intermediates, Advanced
- Phone. +4915157490411 You must be aware that this experience is a recreational activity that can be dangerous, accept that there is a degree of risk and acknowledge that I participate in this event at my own risk. We meet at 8am, 12pm or 3pm Guide: Max Please contact us through WhatsApp, in case you have questions. Every time you book an experience or before please get in touch and get more info via email or phone.