My Guide Website?
From Munich: Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Palaces Day Trip
This 10-hour adventure transports you from the bustling city to a world of enchantment, exploring two of the Mad King's fairy tale palaces.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Munich:If youʻre booking your trip to Munich last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover charming grounds around the smaller Hohenschwangau Castle
- Head to Marienbrücke - suspension bridge, suspended over a steep ravine
- Admire interior of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Palaces
- Explore one of the finest examples of historicist garden design in the world
DescriptionEmbark on a magical journey to discover the architectural masterpieces of King Ludwig II, the Mad King of Bavaria. Enjoy the comfort of a private vehicle as you visit both Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Palaces in a single day tour from Munich. Your guide will greet you at your Munich hotel or a prearranged meeting point and drive you through picturesque farmlands and into the German Alps. Get ready to capture stunning views during the roughly 2-hour drive. Upon arrival in Hohenschwangau, take time to explore the quaint shops, serene Alpsee lake, and the charming Hohenschwangau Castle grounds. Climb up towards Neuschwanstein with breathtaking views along the way. A shuttle bus is available for those with mobility issues. Before entering the palace, visit Marienbrücke, a suspension bridge with breathtaking views of both the palace and the surrounding landscape. Enjoy a tour of the palace's lavish interior, with time for souvenir shopping and a break afterwards. Next, visit Linderhof, the smallest and only completed palace of King Ludwig II, inspired by the Palace of Versailles. Take a short tour of the palace's interior and wander through its stunning gardens, considered one of the finest examples of historicist garden design. Your guide will share the story of King Ludwig II, his eccentricity, and the mystery surrounding his death. After completing the tour, your guide will return you to Munich and accompany you back to your hotel or a prearranged drop-off point. Please note that only employees of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof are allowed to give tours inside the castles and you will be provided with an audio guide. For this tour, you can choose between an option with a driver-guide or a separate driver and guide. Our driver-guides are well-versed in history and can provide an adequate overview. For a more in-depth tour, we recommend booking the option with a separate driver and a professional local guide.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Private modern, air-conditioned vehicle Driver-guide or a separate driver and guide depending on the chosen option
- Please note that only employees of Neuschwanstein are allowed to give tours inside the castle and you will be provided with an audio guide. Keep in mind that the castle is located on a hilltop and requires a fairly long walk, with a number of long staircases inside. The activity level can be challenging. Entrance tickets are not included in the price. We recommend pre-ordering them, please get in touch after booking your tour so we can assist you with that.