Neuschwanstein Castle Luxury Bus and Bike Tour from Munich
Are you a business owner in Munich?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Munich.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Cycle the alpine trails of the Algäu region
- Take an optional tour of Hohenschwangau Castle, where Ludwig II, King of Bavaria grew up
- Walk a secret path to the fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle
- Swim in a refreshing alpine lake
- Learn about the dramatic life, love, and death of Bavaria's much loved Ludwig II
- Skip the line at Neuschwanstein Castle
DescriptionEnjoy a flexible full-day excursion by luxury coach to the beautiful Algäu region of South West Bavaria and visit the charming town of Hohenschwangau, near the Austrian border. It was near here that the extravagant King Ludwig II built his fairytale castle of Neuschwanstein shortly before he was arrested. In the morning, you will take a relaxing bike ride, cycling at an easy pace through alpine scenery and stopping at a refreshing lake for an invigorating swim. During the Oktoberfest the bike ride is optional due to the weather being much colder. In the afternoon, you will walk the up the less-known path to Neuschwanstein Castle rather than driving up to the entrance. The Disney-like Neuschwanstein Castle was based on the Wartburg of Thuringia, which Wagner used as the setting for his opera “Tannhauser.” Learn about “Mad” Ludwig’s controversial life and mysterious death, before your luxury transfer back to Munich. Wander around Hohenschwangau Castle, the place where Ludwig grew up, before enjoying lunch at a local brewery. Savor some local beer and traditional Bavarian food. Your tour operator will drop you off at Hohenschwangau Castle, although you must make your own way to Neuschwanstein Castle afterwards to catch the transport home.
IncludesGuided bike tour. Please note: there is no bike tour included during the early season (17 April – 01 May) and late season (Oktoberfest) Guided walk to Neuschwanstein Castle Transportation by luxury coach Entrance fee to Neuschwanstein Castle for adults (€15); kids under 18 are free Lunch at a local brewery (optional) Taxi service from coach to top of the hill (2-4 Euros per person) Kids playground Trampoline Entrance fee to Hohenschwangau Castle Gratuities
- • Please note that the tour of the castle interior is not included and costs an extra €15 (free for under 18s). This includes a booking fee so you do not need to stand in queues which are tremendously long in high season. This (optional) extra fee is to be paid directly to the guide at the end of the day
- The luxury coach leaves you at the foot of the castle where you need to either walk to the entrance or pay an extra taxi service to the top • If you are interested in visiting Hohenschwangau Castle, please inform your guide in the morning and they will arrange tickets. Please note that if you choose this option then you cannot do any of the other activities due to time constraints. You'll meet up with the group at the end to return home
- Please bring a rain jacket, good walking shoes, a swim suit and towel, extra shorts, cash for lunch, castle entrance fee, beverages, tips
- Note there is no bike tour included during the early season (17 April – 1 May) or late season (Oktoberfest)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Munich Bike Tour
See the best of the Bavarian capital city by bike and you will agree there is no better way to visit Munich than on two wheels. Effortlessly pedal across the city and finFrom €32.00
City Highlights and Beer Garden Walking Tour
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the downtown area of Munich and learn about the rich history of the famous Wittlesbach family, admire the baroque architecture, and stopFrom €199.00
Munich Oktoberfest All-Inclusive Tour
Take part in one of Europe's most famous festivals on an all-inclusive tour of Munich's Oktoberfest and learn the rich history of beer and brewing in the city. Skip the lFrom €199.00
Size Matters Beer Tour Munich
Munich is the Beer Capital of the World! Renowned for its giant Beers, massive bratwurst, huge pretzels, snazzy lederhosen, and sexy dirndls! Enjoy a fun and exciting ni6 ReviewsFrom €23.00
Dachau Memorial Site Half-Day Tour from Munich
Visit the memorial site at Dachau on a half-day tour from Munich. Take time to reflect on the terrible events that took place here.342 ReviewsFrom €28.00
Day-Trip to the Royal Palace of Herrenchiemsee
Travel from from Munich to the Chiemsee: the largest Bavarian lake, and take a boat ride to the fine sights at the island of Herreninsel. See where the Bavarian dukes and3 ReviewsFrom €69.00
Karlstor (Stachus)City-Centre, Munich
The Karlstor which is also known as Stachus, especially among the Munich residents can be found between the central station and the Marienplatz. The gate itself marks the
Heimstettener SeeFeldkirchen, Munich
In the eastern outskirts of Munich you will find Heimstetterner See a very popular querry pond, with a size of about 11 ha and a depth of 10 meters.............
Museum BrandhorstMaxvorstadt, Munich
The Museum Brandhorst, is a new new addition to Munichs museum scene. In conjunction with the collection of the Pinakothek der Moderne, the multifaceted profile of modern
Munich Christmas Markets and Christmas Village 2-Hour Tour
Celebrate the Christmas season in a traditional German style on this 2-hour tour of the Christmas markets in Munich. Explore the medieval Old Town as it is transformed in4 ReviewsFrom €18.00